Saturday, April 30, 2011

Procrastination

Who even procrastinates going to bed? Especially when you're tired? I worry about myself sometimes. I am currently laying in bed switching between facebook, sporcle quizzes, and blogging. It's 11:45 and I'm quite tired. But for some reason I'm not going to bed. I've been getting up much earlier than I usually get up...like 7:45. Which is great. I feel so accomplished and the day feels so much longer. The problem is, I'm not going to bed much earlier than I used to. So I'm getting less sleep. Josh and Danielle probably go to bed around 10:30. I do too. The difference is, I'm on the computer for a long time before I go to sleep. It's a bad habit, it really is. But I haven't really been tired. It's beginning to catch up with me though. I told myself that tonight I wasn't going to do that and that when I laid in bed I would go to sleep, not get on the computer. We see how that turned out. I'm working on self-discipline. It's tough stuff, man.

Yesterday the most exciting part of the day was probably going to get a haircut. We went for Danielle to get one but I ended up getting one also. When I went I hoped to get a hair wash/massage. But they don't do that at the place we went to. But I really wanted them to wash my hair...and I thought it would be adventurous to get a haircut in China. First you must understand that there is alot of strange hair in China. And also, Chinese people don't always do what you would like them to, particularly when it comes to the area of cutting hair. So I thought "Hey, why not? They'll wash my hair. Hopefully it will come out nicely...if not, I'll get over it." After all, it's just hair. And I had some dead ends that needed chopping off anyways. So I went for it. I'm pretty sure the guy only cut off how much I told him to, but it turned out shorter than I expected. I kind of freaked out. But it's all good. I'm getting used to it. By the time I see anyone I know again it will probably have grown back out to the length it was. Hopefully longer. Speaking of not seeing anyone I know...I'm pretty sure the only people I've talked to since I got here are Josh and Danielle and a couple friends of theirs. That's it. The rest speak Chinese. I miss people that can speak English.

I take it back, that wasn't the most exciting part. The most exciting part would definitely be the royal wedding. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we didn't have to get up early like you Americans did because of the time difference. It was fantastic. The music was beautiful, she was gorgeous, her dress was really pretty, William was handsome, the trees were strange, the little boys who sang were adorable, and Westminster Abbey was incredibly huge. Overall a really good wedding.

Today Danielle and I went to a Starbucks to chill and read and fun things like that. We walked around the mall searching for an H & M which we didn't find. Later we went to some friends' house for dinner and enjoyed homemade pizza. I then attempted to navigate us home from their house. Josh and Danielle only had to help me out a little bit. I have an alright sense of direction. And I have the memory of an elephant. Sometimes. Once I got us home safe and sound we watched a documentary (Josh is obsessed with documentaries) on Netflix about the Lost Boys of Sudan. It was really good. And educational. Josh is all about educational. Let me restate that...it was didactic. Every day we have had an SAT word of the day to prepare me for the SAT coming up fairly soon. We've been playing a game with the words...if you use one of the words from that day or a past day in conversation throughout the day you get one point. So far I have 3 points and Danielle and Josh each have 2 points. But the point of me telling you about our little game is because "didactic" is one of our words. I feel like I should get points for using it in a blog post.

I can't think of a good conclusion to this rather boring post. So... goodnight. And you should all go do some sporcle quizzes. They're didactic.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely deserve points for using "didactic" in your blog post (but I'm not an official judge). Love you!

    ReplyDelete