Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A list...sort of.

I read alot of blogs. Alot. And I have noticed that the most successful ones (e.g. the pioneer woman) do these things called lists. Every once in a while one of their blog posts is just a list of random things going on in their lives. So I thought hey...only the best bloggers do that so why not do it myself? So here I am, pretending to be a successful blogger.

1. It's been a rough couple of days. Two nights ago I slept probably less than half the night. We had watched this documentary on Mount Everest. More specifically, this horrible storm that happened on Mount Everest that killed multiple people. It was kind of freaky...and depressing. Not something you should watch before bed. So the whole night I laid in bed feeling like I was going to throw up and imagining climbing Mount Everest in this awful storm. It was miserable. So in the morning when I woke up I still felt awful but I took a shower and started to feel a little better. I just realized this isn't really a list anymore. Oh well. So anyways...we went to the doctor for Danielle's checkup. I got to see the ultrasound which was really cool. Technology these days amazes me. We then came home and ate lunch. I was feeling great. We worked on the puzzle more (which I am happy to announce is completed) and I rested a little bit. I was doing fantastic. And then it came to dinner time and I started feeling terrible again. I couldn't eat anything. Then we watched a movie and felt a little better but by bedtime it was back. But thank the Lord, I slept about 11 hours. It was fantastic. I think there was still a little jetlag and I'm just catching up from that. But I'm doing good this morning!

2. I don't know if I can even call this a list anymore.

3. We have decided that my "sickness" was not because of the hamburger from Blue Frog. Just in case you were wondering. And here's a picture of Josh's monstrous burger.


4. If it's up to me, we won't be watching very many more movies about Mount Everest.

5. Today Danielle and I are going to go explore for powered sugar and a place to get a manicure. And tonight we're planning on all going to some sort of opera/dance of the Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet. I'm hoping if there's any words it will be in English. But I'm not counting on it.

6. The puzzle. Ohhh, the puzzle. Yesterday we finally finished it. Sort of. We're sitting around the table working on the puzzle when we hear Josh drop a piece on the floor....well, that's what we think. So he immediately looks down on the floor to pick it up and it isn't there. We all started looking for the thing. We looked everywhere. Under the table legs, inside of shoes, even on top of a dresser. We were desperate. We had no idea where it could possibly have gone. But we had to move on. So last night when we finally got to the very end of the puzzle we were one piece short. We died laughing, assuming it was the one Josh dropped. We were a little disappointed because we were just so close to being done. But we accepted the fact that this is where we'd have to stop and the piece was nowhere to be found. But then Danielle got to thinking....there's no way Josh dropped it..it's nowhere in this room. So she thought about where it would be if Josh didn't drop it. She thought that maybe the owners of this puzzle had previously done the puzzle, put the pieces back in the box and then later found one they had forgotten to put back so they just threw it in the cabinet. Sure enough, that's where it was. So when I got up this morning she said "Guess what?!!" I thought she was having contractions. But it wasn't quite that exciting. She had just found the piece. But nonetheless, I was extremely happy. We've finally finished it and can't bring ourselves to put the pieces back in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment