Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some people.

Some people are expecting an exciting post.
I am sorry to say that is probably not what you're going to get.

Some people like to watch babies.
I like to watch parents talk to their babies.

Some people like to put ketchup on their eggs.
I like to put grape jelly on my eggs.

Some people put their head in first when putting on a shirt.
I put my left arm in first when putting on a shirt.

Some people like to plan everything out perfectly.
I like to do things on the spur of the moment.

Some people want to move out of their hometown the day high school ends.
I want to live in my hometown for the rest of my life.

Some people dry their arms first when they get out of the shower.
I dry my head first.

Some people hate the spouses their siblings choose.
I couldn't love mine more.

Some people like to be asleep at 11:54 pm.
I like to blog at 11:54 pm.

Some people skype with their boyfriend every night.
I skype with my mom every night.

Some people like cats.
I couldn't hate cats more.

Some people like strawberries.
I detest strawberries.

Some people think this post is ridiculous.
I do too.

Some people can dougie.
I can waltz.

Some people are dying for their siblings to leave the house.
I've shed countless tears because my siblings left the house.

Some people like to listen to Kesha sing (who happens to be white if you didn't know).
I like to listen to my brothers sing.

Some people tend to speed.
I don't think I'll ever exceed 5 over.

Some boys are in love with my best friend.
I can imagine why.

Some people are addicted to coffee.
I am addicted to apple juice.

Some people hate their life.
I love my life.

Some people spend their spare time reading Harry Potter (shoutout to Ashley).
I spend my spare time doing sporcle quizzes.

Some people wish they had older brothers.
I wish they did, too. Because they're the best.

Some people use one packet of ketchup for their fries.
I use one packet of ketchup for one fry.

Some people like to chill at their local Chinese restaurant.
I am here to tell you that besides rice, Chinese food in America is false advertisement for the real deal.

Some people fall asleep listening to Secondhand Serenade every night.
I fall asleep listening to Adventures in Odessey every night.

Some people stayed up into the late hours of the night to see the new Pirates movie.
I have never seen any of the Pirates movies.

Some people poke fun that I'm a preacher's kid.
I wouldn't trade being that preacher's kid for the world.

Some people have lived all over the country.
I have lived in the same house my whole life.

Some people have never been interested in helping take care of a baby.
I hold a baby's legs on a daily basis while a mommy or daddy careful change the diaper of a recently circumcised and in-pain child.

Some people wish I wouldn't talk about things like circumcision on this blog.
I can't help it.

Some people believe in nothing.
I believe in God.

Some people wonder why I am writing this post.
I wonder the same thing.

Some people stay up all night with their friends.
I have never pulled an all-nighter.

Some people are glad to see that this post is coming to an end.
I am sure you are.

Some people hope I have nothing more to say.
I have nothing more to say.

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie! That was beautiful and eloquent in its simplicity! Just like you!!! I wish you'd NEVER quit writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for the shoutout, and I'm glad that you approve of me as your brother's spouse. :) And I loved this. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha nice Jim Gaffigan reference, with the ketchup.
    And thanks for liking my singing more than Ke$ha haha.
    Oh and by the way, I'm listening to Odessey right now!!

    ReplyDelete