I am not, by any means, a professional blogger, but I wouldn't hesitate to call myself a professional blog reader. It's sort of bad how much I read blogs. I'm gonna put myself out on a limb and call it an obsession.
So my point in all of this? If I were to make a list of not-lame bloggers, I wouldn't make the cut. When was the last time I blogged? It was, in fact, August 16th...which was, in fact, 11 days ago. Definitely wouldn't make the cut...not even close.
When I came back from China I couldn't decide if I wanted to continue blogging or not. Well, I knew I did. But the wanna-be-as-cool-as-possible-for-a-person-like-me came out in me and thought it would be sort of lame for me to have a blog. So I blogged every once in a while, but didn't really stick with it. But as you can see, I didn't give it up completely, so I guess I'm still blogging. My goal is to not be a lame blogger, and post frequently. It probably won't be every day...because surprisingly I'm a 16 year old girl who has friends and has a life. Teenagers shouldn't spend their time locked in their rooms reading all sorts of magazines trying to find something that will spark their creativity and inspire them to blog about something. I will not have a lame junior year. Yes, I will have a lame blog, but not a lame junior year.
But I will give you an update on what's been going on lately.
1. School started. First day at GTCC? A 56 year old lady called in a bomb threat because she couldn't come to class and she thought if she missed class it would mess up her financial aid. Everyone had to evacuate campus and classes were cancelled for the day. This kind lady is now in jail.
Disclaimer: This is not, in fact, the lady who called in the bomb threat. And neither does she have any connection GTCC or bombs. (Actually, she has a connection to animal cruelty.) I just thought the picture fit nicely.
2. I'm getting a car. After searching and searching, our neighbors put one out in their yard for sale. We called them, Dad drove it around, and I'm gladly purchasing it from them. Next on my list of things to purchase: a UNC sticker to put on my car.
3. I went to a Thirty-One party today. The hostess happened to be my fantastic sister-in-law Ashley Shelley. So overwhelming..so many bags..and patterns..and colors..and options. I ended up with one thing. A poor girl like me who is buying a car can't afford purses these days.
4. Being able to drive is so wonderful. Now I'm just waiting for the day when I can get my restrictions off.
5. I ran out of gas the other night. I sat on the side of the road with Rachel to wait for my parents to pick us up. It was a good experience.
6. I want to get into Twitter. Word on the street is it's the cool thing these days. Follow me. imsothug843.
7. The name of my blog and the description of my blog (on the right-hand side) still have not changed, even though this blog clearly doesn't have much to do with being an aunt anymore, but I just can't bring myself to change it.
8. Number 7 makes me sad. I wish my posts were still about Harvey. I miss him. And his parents.
9. I need to watch High School Musical. In fact, I think I'll do that right now.
Here's to bomb threats, tweeting, and Zac Efron.
Over and out.