Monday, August 29, 2011

trains, planes, and automobiles.

This morning I bought an automobile. Was it a mistake? We'll see. I drove it for the first time today. When it changes gears it feels like you're driving a stick shift (it's automatic). And on the way home the check engine light came on. Not what I was hoping for, seeing that it's my first car and the first day I've had it. But it'll all work out..I hope.

Also, tonight I gave my first piano lesson. I am officially a piano teacher now. (Condensed sales pitch...I'm 16, have played the piano for 11 years, and want to teach you or your kid to play the piano. Email me: annashelley95@yahoo.com.) It went pretty well. I was freaking out before, but took Rachel's advice..."give them lots of candy and they'll like you." I think it worked. She ran to her mom saying, "I got candy!!!" Was it a success? I think so.

Another plus from this piano lesson is the money I make doing it. I'm sort of in desperate need of money. Not only do I have a car to pay my parents back for, but it's also hard to live life with only a Kohl's gift card and a few kuai in your wallet (the latter of which will only do me good in China). The other week Rachel and I were chilling in downtown Reidsville (which is surprisingly better than it sounds...but it deserves a post to itself) when we came across a cool cupcake/bakery-ish place. I got a brownie...who paid for it? Rachel. Today Rachel and I were chilling on Wendover and got lunch while at Costco. Who paid for it? Rachel's dad. So, it does seem to do me good and get me some free food, but my poor friends are going to be broke if I don't put some cash in my wallet.

I'm almost done. I promise. But I just want to say that if you don't watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on a regular basis, you should consider it. Wheel of fortune...an exercise for the brain. Jeopardy...nice and educational. When you don't have cable, you learn to enjoy the things that come on the 4 channels that you get. And just in case you don't know...it's kids' week on Jeopardy. It makes you feel extremely smart. I'm pretty Harvey could win it.

Also...after this I'm going to stop putting the links to my blog posts on Facebook. If you really want to read my blog, you can check it. If you don't, then it'll be one less thing on your news feed that you get tired of.

Last...this is just a random picture. I got bored today and changed it up a little. I thought I might as well show it to someone. Shout-out to Ashley Shelley - the beautiful person that appears in this picture (with her husband who happens to be my brother), and who is also the creator of a fantastic blog that you should all read.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I love the picture! That's such a good quote for us too, haha. You da best. Can't wait to meet your new vehicle.

    ReplyDelete