Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3 films, 2 songs, 1 picture. challenge complete.

3 films.

These are not necessarily my favorite 3, because it's way too hard to narrow it down to 3. These are just 3 of my favorites.

1. Remember the Titans. If you read my sister Ashley's blog, then you know she already posted about this. I hate to repeat, but uh...it's such a good movie. I can't leave it off of this list.


2. More Than a Game. It's highly probable that you've not seen this movie or heard of it, but it's a documentary about LeBron James. Even if you're not that into basketball, I assure you, you would like it. It's really good.


3. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Last, but most definitely not least. such.a.good.movie. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, go watch it now. I haven't heard of a single person who didn't like it, and most people love it.

The bad thing is, if you don't like him, you refuse to watch the movie...but if you watched it, you would like him. But you think you don't want to like him, so when I tell you that you will like him if you watch it, you won't watch it. Did that make sense? It made sense in my head. Anyways...you should watch it, whether you like him or not. It is excellent.

He's so much better than like...Miley Cyrus. The only reason Miley Cyrus is famous is because her dad is. There's way better singers out there than her that aren't famous....she just had a little unfair advantage over them. Justin Bieber, on the other hand, if you aren't aware, was found on Youtube by Scooter Braun. No connections, no famous family members, nothin. Just talent. Pure talent. And that's one thing I like about him.



2 songs. So tough.

1. Deathbed by Relient K. This song is 11 minutes long. It tells the life story of guy who is laying on his deathbed because of lung cancer, which he got from smoking.


Here's just a small part of the lyrics.

I was so scared of Jesus but he sought me out
Like the cancer in my lungs, it's killing me now
And I've given up hope on the days I have left
But I cling to the hope of my life in the next

Well, then Jesus showed up, said, "Before we go on
I thought that we might reminisce
See one night in your life, when you've turned out the lights
You asked for and prayed for my forgiveness"

"You cried, wolf, the tears, they soaked your fur
The blood dripped from your fangs, you said, 'What have I done?'
You loved that lamb with every sinful bone
And there you wept alone, your heart was so contrite"

"You said, 'Jesus, please forgive me of my crimes
Sanctify this withered heart of mine
Stay with me until my life is through
And on that day, please take me home with you'"

2. Grenade by Bruno Mars. So good.


Some of the lyrics...
To give me all your love is all I ever asked
'Cause what you don't understand is

I'd catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I'd jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya

I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you won't do the same



1 picture.


Good choice, I know.



Even though it took longer than 10 days, I finished it. And finishing is an accomplishment, right?

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you didn't list Bieber's "Baby" as one of your songs. What WERE you thinking???

    ReplyDelete