Wednesday, October 5, 2011

my sisters.

Today I am supposed to be blogging about 4 books. But I decided not to. I wanted to blog about something I love more than books, something I'd rather spend my time with than books, and something that's way more important to me than books. (besides the Bible of course...the Bible is extremely important.)

My sisters.

I have 2 sisters. Well, technically sisters-in-law. But I feel like they've been my sisters forever. They fit perfectly into our family, and seem like they've been here all along. I couldn't ask for better sisters.

When I was younger, I always dreamed about having sisters. It'd be so wonderful to be able to share clothes with them, and share a room with them, and get random advice from them about boys, and play house with them.

I never really thought that I actually would have sisters. I knew my brothers would grow up and get married, I just didn't think of it the same way. Even though I never got what I thought of what a sister would be like, I got something even better. I never thought about how I could be in their weddings, and go shopping with them, and take care of their babies, and have sleepovers with them, and get real advice from them, and look at them as role models.

But that is just what happened. All of the above describe my sisters. They are 2 of my favorite people alive, and I can't (and don't want to) imagine life without them. They're both such good examples for me.

Joseph, you had better search good and hard for a wife, because you're gonna have a hard time finding one that is on Danielle and Ashley's level.

I want to grow up to be just like them.

I never got the sisters I wanted. But I got the sisters that I didn't know I wanted. And I wouldn't trade them for the world.



2 comments:

  1. Tears. Are. Happening.

    YES I should be asleep but I'm emptying our cameras so we'll have full documenting potential.

    I love you so much. I'm so thankful to be your sister. Although you are younger, I look up to you more than you know. Your genuine faith inspires me.

    Also - we can play house at the end of this month. :) And you can share a room with me and share clothes. So all your dreams will come true.

    ReplyDelete