Monday, November 14, 2011

a weekend in chapel hill.

This weekend I went to Chapel Hill to visit my brother Joe. Needless to say, it was awesome. UNC never lets me down.

He wrote on my wall on Facebook and told me that his friend's sister was coming to visit and is also my age, and also wants to go to UNC. And he thought we should be bffs. So, I came. And it was so great.

Friday night we all watched the Carolina basketball game. Which was fantastic. Not because it was on an aircraft carrier. Not because Barack and Michelle Obama were there. And not just because they won. But because it means basketball season has arrived, and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Then we went back to Jordan's room at about 1 to go sleep, but then talked till 3 about things like homeschooling, and the ridiculousness of curse words. And Chelsea, Jordan's roommate, gave me her iPod. Yeah...crazy, I know. I was telling them about how some kid had recently stolen my iPod and this girl that I had known for no more than an hour gave me her iPod. Boy, she's so sweet.

Saturday we slept till 11 (except Lauren...who, uh, woke up at 8...she doesn't like to sleep during the day) then went to McAlister's for lunch. So delicious. After that, the first round game of the NCAA women's soccer tournament. For those who don't know: Joseph Shelley is in love with the women's soccer team. And he knows all their names. And calls them all by their first names.

Then we went to student stores, the old well, Yopo for frozen yogurt, the dining hall for dinner (which was surprisingly good for cafeteria food), the Achordants a capella concert (which was horrible...nothing compared to Psalm 100), Yopo again, and back to the boys' super suite.

Sunday I went to church with Joe at Western Wake which was really good, and then to lunch at Qdoba.

And that was our weekend. I'm sure no one cares about anything that I have said in the previous paragraphs. But I want to be able to remember it.

Unfortunately, the only pictures we took the whole weekend were a few pictures at the old well. But here they are:

This is Lauren. Future roommates? Maybe. We are dying to go to UNC. She wants to do special ed. I want to do either elementary or special ed. Oh and we've both dropped our phones in the toilet (more on that later).

My fantastic brother, Joseph.

Joe and Jordan.

Lauren and Jordan. So cute!



Also...about the phone. I dropped it in the toilet at school Thursday. After I used the toilet. And before I had flushed the toilet. Disgusting, I know. I put it in rice for 3 and a half days and when I took it out it worked! No worries...I sanitized it.

So thanks to Joseph, Jordan, and Lauren for amazing weekend in Chapel Hill. It was unforgettable. And I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. oh chapel hill in the fall...be still my soul.
    so glad you LOVED it. Can't wait til you're a Tar Heel and we're visiting your super suite! love you. -danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a Carolina Blue future for you. Glad you had such a great weekend and got a replacement ipod too.

    ReplyDelete