Saturday, December 31, 2011

top 11 memories of 2011.

My lovely sister-in-law Ashley posted a recap of the wonderful happenings of 2011 in her life, which inspired me to do the same. So here, in random order, are some of my favorite memories from this year. Sorry for the overload on the pictures and the length of the post.

1. Jordan and Ashley's wedding. I loved the planning, the showers, the events leading up to it, and most of all, that day. It was so amazing and we had so much fun. Every time I look at the pictures I get so happy remembering how great it was. Plus, I got another sister which was awesome.


2. China. This was amazing. And I miss it so much. I don't even know what to say about it. Josh and Danielle, Harvey, our American neighbors, the food, the people, etc. etc. I loved it so much and am dying to go back.

3. Harvey. Although he has much to do with China and was really the only reason I went, he deserved a "top memory" of his own. He is so sweet and I miss him so much. I absolutely cannot wait to see him again, and am so thankful for him.


4. Mountain Top. I usually spend at least 4 weeks at camp every summer, but since I was in China most of this summer I only spent one week there. But it just may have been my favorite week of camp ever. After all, Ashley Shelley and Tyler Fagan were there. This was my first time with Ashley at camp, and my first time that I actually got to know Tyler. These are only 2 of the amazing people that were there, and I loved (almost) every minute of it.


5. Missions trip to Arizona. This was only 36 hours after I returned from China, so I was quite exhausted. But through the exhaustion, I loved it and many memories were made...going through the wash during a rain storm, and crapping my pants, just to name a few.


6. The Justin Bieber movie came out. I've seen it seven times. Enough said.



7. Beach trip. This was amazing not only because I finally got tan, but also because we were all together. All of us. Mom, Dad, Josh, Danielle, Jordan, Ashley, Joseph, Harvey, and myself. Usually during family gatherings I'm looking around for someone, or noticing that it's just not quite the same because so-and-so isn't there. But we were all together. And it just felt complete. There was nothing missing.


8. I finished the Bible. My goal was to read it in a year, but it took me about a year and a month. But hey, I read it, and that's all that matters. And I'm attempting once again to read it in a year. We'll see how it goes this time.

9. Rise-Up conference. This was such an amazing week and I miss it already. There were so many good speakers (my favorite of which were probably John Lennox and Scott Degroff). I learned so much. It was so much fun and I'm so glad I was able to go!

10. Playing basketball for the first time. I love it so much and I love my team. We're not fantastic, but it's so much fun!!



11. The GNOM boys. These boys came to Greensboro this fall and were here for approximately 2 and a half months. They're incredible people and have been such an encouragement to me. They've had more impact on my life than they'll ever know and I'm so thankful for them. The Murph and I spent tons of time with them in their classes, doing ministry, and just chillin. But, they deserve a post of their own, so that will be coming soon.





As you can very clearly see, this has been an amazing year full of growth and fun/amazing memories. Praise God for such wonderful times. This is quite possibly the most unforgettable year of my life.

Here's to all who made it special, the most important one being our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment