Tuesday, January 10, 2012

the mystery of the lowercase "a"

I would like to share one thing that has boggled my mind for a while now. It's the lowercase "a". Ok so when you were in kindergarten and you learned how to write the alphabet, think about the way you learned how to write a lowercase "a".

It probably looked like this:

So, my question is, when in the world did I learn to write an "a" like this:


I have absolutely no idea. I don't remember anyone teaching me. It wasn't in my handwriting books. And I am completely baffled by this. We teach children in school to write it one way, and then in all of our books it is printed another way. How do these children know that this also means "a"? I can't figure it out. And I literally think about this all the time. Ridiculous, I know. But it drives my mind crazy.

And so I thought I should share. Enjoy. And may your mind be blown. Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment