Thursday, April 26, 2012

my life 1 year ago. airplanes and china.

3 days ago was April 23rd. And 3 days ago I was going to write a blog post, but I had to get up early the next day. April 24th I was going to write a blog post, but I forgot. April 25th I also forgot. And here it is, April 26th, and I'm finally getting around to blogging about my trip to China that happened (over) 1 year ago.

April 23rd of 2011 I hopped on a plane and headed over to the far east. The next day, after 15+ hours of flights and a few hours of following a flight attendant around airports and watching documentaries on William & Kate's then-up-coming marriage and Taylor Swift's road to fame, I made it to Beijing and began a short life in China that changed my life so much. When I came back I had a nephew, I was much closer to my brother and sister-in-law, I was closer to the Lord, I knew the definitions of words like "didactic", I knew how to nurse a baby, I could understand the general idea of a simple conversation in Chinese, I loved QQs, and my piano skills were very rusty.

Last year on April 25th I went to the pearl market and then was up late with jet lag. This April 25th I went to biology class, church, and played Rock Band at Tyler's house. Oh, how different my life is now.

In those 10 weeks I learned so much. When I went through security at the PTI airport, I had no clue what was in store.

I will forever be grateful to Josh and Danielle for putting up with me and entertaining me even when there was no baby; to Mom and Dad for letting me go and for Skyping with me for hours; and to the Lord for the wonderful opportunity He gave me.

I miss it. I miss the tears shed because I was homesick and the tears shed because I didn't want to go home. I miss the chaffing and the taxis. I miss the squatty potties and the hospital food.

Let's be honest. I miss it all.




1 comment:

  1. Such special memories of such a special time! Thank You Lord!

    ReplyDelete