Thursday, December 6, 2012

here's to blogs and books and reading.

I read a blog. And I like it a lot. And I just realized how creepy it is that I read it. It is the blog of my dad's cousin's daughter-in-law's brother's girlfriend (now fiancee). Weird. But she's cute. And she just got engaged and when I saw it I FREAKED. She's dated this boy for 6 years. And they're finally engaged.

I have never felt creepier. One day she will stumble upon this and turn her blog private. And I'll cry the day she does that.

There's this other blog called Elm Street Life. My dear friend Rachel introduced me to this blog. I am forever indebted to her for that. It is so good. Seriously....go read it now. They have this really cute baby. And it's just a really good blog.

When my sister-in-law Ashley became a Scentsy consultant she was talking about the lady who is her "boss"...."leader"...whatever way you wanna swing it. And I asked who it was. "Oh, right, it's the lady from Tales of the Trees. I read her blog." I read everyone's blog. It's bad. It's an addiction. I get a little upset inside when my favorite bloggers don't put up new posts. Like, what do they think they're doing? Do they not realize their purpose is to entertain a procrastinating 17-year-old that is obsessed with them?

I don't know why I love blogs. Something about the pictures. The stories. The feeling like you know someone without really knowing them (example: when I freaked out when that girl got engaged...didn't even know the girl's name, but I still freaked). The craft-sharing. The honesty. The life tips. There's just something about a good blog that gets me. Alright, something about a blog that gets me. I don't even know what a bad blog is. If it's a blog, I love it.

If it's a book I probably love it too. I don't know why. But I've never read a book I didn't like. Literally. I mean let's be honest. The Pioneer Woman's book drug out wayyyy too much and could have easily been told in a pamphlet. But I read it. In a short period of time. And I enjoyed it. 

I'm in the middle of Uncle Tom's Cabin. It's one of my mom's favorite books. So far it's at the bottom of my "favorite reads" list. But I'll finish it eventually and tell people it was good, and I'll be honest in saying that. I'll enjoy it. Who cares if it's 500+ pages long. I'll still convince myself that it was an excellent read.

If I was you, I'd probably even think this blog post was good. Hah.

Anyway. Reading is good. If you don't like to read I suggest starting out with the Hunger Games. Strongly suggest it. And do it with an open mind. Yes, they're about children killing children. But you've gotta read them to understand. It's not as morbid as it sounds.

Some of the books at the top of my "favorite reads" list: Radical (David Platt). Through My Eyes (Tim Tebow). Kisses from Katie (Katie Davis). The Help (Kathryn Stockett). The Case for Christ (Lee Strobel).

If you're looking for a good book to read, any of the above books will do the job and do it well.

Help me out a bit. I have no clue what to ask for for Christmas. I think I'll ask for some books. But I don't know which ones to ask for. Got any book suggestions? Or suggestions for Christmas presents besides books?

Thanks. Yours truly.

p.s. this picture has absolutely nothing to do with blogs or books. but it has everything to do with Christmas. and i thought i should put it on here for documentation's sake. you know...when i'm in college and i'm wishing for the days when i didn't care about what others thought of my choice of clothing. i.e. my entire senior year of high school. but that's another story for another post.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand with the "getting upset when your favorite blogs don't put up new posts", I get impatient and feel like, "Why aren't you putting new ones up? It's been a while!" I understand your addiction :)
    Much Love,
    Janae

    ReplyDelete